Once you accept Christ as Savior you set out on a journey, you’re on this journey until God calls you home or takes you home via the Rapture of the Church. My little sentiments here are just meant to encourage you along that journey. To be that drink of much needed water in the dessert. The hand to help draw you out of the muck of the trail, the warm fire on a cold night. So friend, come on in, make yourself at home.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Author Who Lost Control

The last word of the two hundred page book has just been typed, a sigh of relief, a HUGE accomplishment!  The author quickly hits the save button on her computer, then leans back in her chair, she and breathes a sigh of satisfaction. Her face beams with pride as she prays and thanks the Heavenly Father above that she has finally finished this piece.

She scrolls to the top, and begins reading from the beginning, having practically forgotten how the whole story had begun. After the first couple sentences she is absorbed in the book, and in her own genius behind it.

But as she clicks down to view the second page, the words begin disappearing, one by one, then faster and faster. Frantically she begins scrolling to the bottom, the words disappearing as fast as she is scrolling. Horror stricken, she watches as the last word, that she had just written moments before disappears.

She places her hands to her cheeks that are already turning red and giving off heat. Her head begins spinning, she scrolls back up to the top, and to her surprise words begin faintly appearing back on her computer document. But not the words that had been there before, no these words were much different.

These were not her words at all, not her plan. Puzzled and a bit afraid, she begins to read the words slowly, trying to understand each one. The words appear slowly, only as fast as she reads, she is soon more absorbed in this piece, then she was in her own.

Reading along, she is shocked as she realizes that she is reading her exact story, the one she had just finished, the story that had been moments before erased. All throughout the piece she reads some similar things, some things are even exactly as they had been in the original. But much to her dismay she begins noticing some stark differences found therein as well. Towards the middle of the piece, she reads a part of the story that both shocks her and angers her.

Her eyes narrow, anger at having lost all control over this story, surges through her.“What??!!! This is not the way this story is supposed to go! I am the author! I say what goes where, and what happens, and who is named what! This is wrong…this is ALL WRONG!”

Despite her anger, she takes a deep breath and continues, “maybe it will turn out…”
As it turns out, that particular “problem” turned out even better than it had in her original copy of this story. “How can that be? How could something, that bad, turn out that good? I mean I thought of adding that problem in…but went against it thinking it just could not end well. I just don’t get it!”

Baffled, she reads on and on, finding scenario after scenario of problems and crisis within the lives of the characters of her book , and getting less and less angry and more and more trusting of whoever was writing this book anyway, because as she began to see, everytime a crisis arose that she had not originally put in she realized that it always turned out even better than when she had written it.

Soon she discovers that the book is already longer than the original she had written, upon realizing this the words suddenly stop, and the story ends at an abrupt halt, a fork in the road.  She tries pushing buttons, but again, as before nothing works. She hangs her head in her hands as tears begin forming in her eyes.

All her original work gone, and only a half finished book that she didn’t even write, she fears the worst, that someone has discovered how to hack into computer documents and dictate everything. “But who? Who would do this to me? And why? I have no control! I hate this…this is MY STORY!! I am the author! Whoever this is must STOP!” She hangs her head again, tears flow freely from her face, and anger surges through her.

Suddenly, she feels a soft but firm hand on her shoulder. She raises her head and turns, and much to her surprise, there before her, stands a Man dressed in white. She does not recognize Him at all, she reaches for her cell to call 911, when she notices His eyes look more sad and anguished than her own, and she notices the blood stain on His side, and hands, and sure enough on His feet too.

Wild amazement over takes her as she slowly gets up from her chair, and bows to the ground. “Jesus…Savior? How can this be?”
He bends low and raises her chin, so that their eyes meet. “Precious Daughter of mine, I love you and want you to know that.”

“Jesus, now that you are here, you can help me! I finally finished that piece I have been working on for forever it feels like, and someone, someone has hacked into my computer and erased all my work and rewrote it the way they wanted it! Can you believe that? Jesus, I am the author of that piece, I am the one who wrote it and chooses what happens when! Jesus, can you help me to find that awful person who did this? Can you restore my story to the way it was before? Please Jesus! Please?”

He shakes His head, “My daughter, you are in the presence of Him who erased and changed your story…”
“Wait? What? You…you changed it?”
“Yes my child, I did.”

The girl clears her throat, eyes wide, she shakes her head in disbelief. “But Jesus, you couldn’t have…why…why would you do this to me? After I did all that work…why..”
“My child, when you set out to write this, it was no ordinary book, it was your love story. And you sat down and began writing it yourself, the way you thought it should go. But my daughter you are but a mere human, you cannot see everything as I can…your story though it had the appearance of greatness, would have ended tragically, and I wanted you to have a beautiful and happy ending. That’s why I took over, I wanted the story to go my way, because My way is always best.”

“But Jesus, I couldn’t bear to go through all those hard and difficult things…I mean first off there was the breaking off the relationship with that wonderful guy, I mean…I couldn’t do that…and then there was that period of singleness in the twenty first chapter…I cant bear to not have a boyfriend for more than 6 months!! And how about my sister getting married before me? What kind of a story is that?? Jesus, you can’t do better than what I did! Jesus…”

Jesus interrupts her, “My child, I am the Great I AM, I am all knowing, and can see things better than you.” He grows silent, and tears form on His cheeks and stream down His face, Pulling His sleeves up, He reveals the scars. “My daughter, I died for you! I loved you so much I came and took the penalty for your sin. If I loved you enough to die for you, don’t you think I would love you enough to know what to send your way?

And you read it, all the crisis ended up better than they had in your version of your love story didn’t they? I hold true to my Word,  you have long known Romans 8:28, but my sweet child you are not living it out! You are not trusting me.” He drops silent.

Bewildered and a bit afraid as to what she should say next, this after all is the very God and Creator of the universe before her. She recalls to mind the story of Job and all his chats with the Creator, and decides it best to just keep silent.

After some time, Jesus turns her in her chair to face her computer. Standing above her He begins again, “Now my child, I can erase it all, I can restore it to what you had before, and you can write your own love story. Or you can give me the control, and I will write something beyond anything you could even dare to ask or think. The choice is yours, my child…so what will it be?”

Turning to face Him, she looks deeply in His eyes, all she can see is love and honesty and a knowledge beyond anything she could ever know.
Rising from her chair, she stands before Him. Hesistating for but a moment she takes a deep breath “It’s time…you must let go, He knows what He is doing, you are but a mere human, depraved and sinful…”

She wraps her arms around Him, “Jesus, you write my love story! I want it to go Your way and Your way alone! I could do no better than you! I give you control this day! I will do whatever you ask, go wherever you please, say whatever you want! MY life, including my love life, is yours!” Letting go of Him, she steps to the side, and watches Jesus smile and sit down to her desk, and begin typing.

“But Jesus what do I do now? With all this free time?”
“That’s the beauty of it sweetheart!” He says over His shoulder. “All this time you have been busy writing your love story you have missed so many opportunities to serve others! Go, leave this room, find someone to serve! It is never that you don’t have opportunities to serve, it is just you lack the eyes to see them! So go and serve me!”
With a smile on her face, she gives a deep sigh of satisfaction. Closing the bedroom door behind her, she watches as Jesus turns His face to see her, a smile lights upon it. “I love you my child.”

“And I love and trust you, Jesus!”
With that she closes the door, heading out to find a way to serve the One writing her love story.

No she doesn’t know exactly what will unfold, and she knows there will be a lot of pain involved, but in the end she knows that her love story written by Jehovah Jirah (translated God Who provides), Illustrated by Jehovah Elohim (God of creation.)

His writings are the best, there are none better! His painting and art work are the best, just check out the next sunrise or sunset you see! All around you He is at work!

Okay while this story of the girl author is totally fictional, the truth behind it is not!
As a writer I like to be in control (like the girl in the story). I like to know my characters and I like to know what is happening and I like it to go as planned, especially when it is a play I have written. My first play I wrote (Christmas play 1010) I had a hard time letting others give me advice about lines, and placement of things on stage.

This most recent play, however, I  had grown a bit more humble and I found it easier to take advice and to change lines. Why? Because I realized from the previous year, that I am actually not as great as I had once thought!

If what happened to the girl above, happened to me while I was writing my next piece (or even this piece for that matter) I would be just as upset as she was!
But in reality, so often I get that way about actual writings, but in all actuality I also do the same thing when it comes to my love story as well!

 I too, just like that girl, have tried over and over authoring my own love story, and to be quite honest it never goes well. Only when I hand the control over to God, does it go as it should!

And so I invite you to allow God to write your love story~ let Him have the pen (or keyboard). You will never regret it! Oh yes it will be a daily surrender, sometimes moment to moment surrender, but it will be well worth it and He will be glorified!

I will be posting “My love story thus far” here on facebook, if you would like to read. I hope you have enjoyed this “intro.” As it were to my story, I hope you were challenged and encouraged, and I hope you will find the same in my next piece! God bless! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment